Car Care: Auto Maintenance Services
At Dixie Automotive, we understand that the best way to care for your car or truck is to follow the service intervals that your vehicle's manufacturer recommends. Servicing all brands, models, imports and fuel systems in Fairfield, Dixie Automotive has the tools and expertise to make sure your ride runs exactly as its manufacturer intended it to. From reminding you about routine service intervals to ensuring that all fluids, filters, and hoses are in optimal condition, Dixie Automotive takes care of your vehicle and leaves you with one less item on your to do list.
Contact us at 513-829-2333, or send us an email, and our experts will be happy to answer your questions and determine what needs to be done.
Our basic auto maintenance services include:
30/60/90K Mileage Maintenance
As time goes by, various auto repair and maintenance needs come up at different intervals. Most manufacturers recommend car maintenance in intervals of 30,000 miles. This is the 30/60/90K mile schedule (issued by the manufacturers to car owners). Trust the experts at Dixie Automotive to keep you on schedule, and help you preserve the condition of the vehicle, optimize its performance, and increase its resale value. The 30/60/90K service includes the following:
- Fluid replacements
- Oil and Filter changes
- Tire rotation, spin balance, and pressure adjustments
- Inspection of parts and systems - gears, tires, brake pads, belts, hoses, etc.
- With higher mileage: spark plugs, belts, timing belts when applicable
A fan belt, also known as a drive belt, is a belt connecting your car's engine to the front mounted accessories. The fan belt rotates the water pump and engine fan, which maintains a cool environment for the engine and its components. Sooner or later, your vehicle's fan belts will dry out and crack. When you are ready for a replacement you can count on Dixie Automotive for all your vehicle's repair needs.
You not only have to get the belts replaced with quality ones but you should have the work done by experts. To have the belts replaced by auto cooling and heating experts - and get your car driving right - visit Dixie Automotive today. The mechanics at Dixie Automotive will thoroughly inspect your car's belts; replace all worn belts; and adjust the installed belts.
Check Engine Light
No one likes to see their car's "Check Engine" light come on. The light could mean a costly problem, like a bad catalytic converter, or it could be something minor, like a loose gas cap. At Dixie Automotive, we can pull the code and diagnose the problem for you. Give us a call at 513-829-2333 or stop by the shop for our expert assistance.
Factory Recommended Service/Maintenance
Automotive and auto parts come with a factory recommended service and maintenance schedule. The manufacturer will tell you how often to service or replace an auto part. At Dixie Automotive, we offer factory recommended service/maintenance. Our highly skilled auto mechanics offer comprehensive knowledge and experience. At Dixie Automotive, all your factory recommended service/maintenance needs are handled with the latest diagnostic equipment. Remember, we work on all American and imported vehicles (either diesel or gas engines).
Hoses transfer coolant and antifreeze throughout the engine's cooling system (including the radiator). Sooner or later, your vehicle's hoses will dry out and crack. When you are ready for a replacement you can count on Dixie Automotive for all your vehicle's repair needs.
You not only have to get the hoses replaced with quality ones but you should have the work done by experts. To have the hoses replaced by auto cooling and heating experts - and get your car driving right - visit Dixie Automotive today. The mechanics at Dixie Automotive will thoroughly inspect your car's hoses; replace all worn hoses; and adjust the installed hoses.
Oil, Lube, and Filter
To keep running smoothly, your car highly relies on oil, lube, and oil filters. Oil helps in lubricating, cooling, and cleaning the internal engine components. With time, motor oil becomes contaminated. Your car needs an oil, lube, and filter change every three months (or 3,000 miles). When it is time for a lube, oil, or filter change, take your vehicle to Dixie Automotive in Fairfield, OH 45014.
Motor Oil Questions and Answers
Q: What are the steps for performing an oil change?A:
- Remove the plug and drain the old engine oil.
- Remove the old oil filter.
- Replace it with a new oil filter.
- Replace the plug and fill with new oil.
- Check to ensure that oil levels are correct.
Q: What are the 4 types of engine motor oil?A: There are four basic classes of engine oil used in car maintenance today. Your owner's manual will explain which type of motor oil your vehicle needs. It is important to always use the correct type of motor oil. The four types of motor oil are:
- Conventional petroleum-based motor oil - This is the most common type of motor oil used in vehicles.
- Synthetic motor oil - a lubricant made up of artificial chemical compounds derived by breaking down and rebuilding petroleum molecules.
- Synthetic blend motor oil - a combination of common petroleum motor oil and synthetic motor oil.
- High mileage oil - This type of motor oil is most commonly used in commercial vehicles and contains additives and seal enhancers that reduce leaks.
Oil Filters Questions and Answers
Q: How often should oil filters be changed?A: Consult your owner's manual to determine the maintenance interval for your vehicle's oil filter. Some manufacturers recommend that the oil filter be replaced every time you get your oil changed while others recommend every other time.
Q: What are the three types of oil filters?A:
- Cellulose media filter - This is the most common type of disposable oil filter found in cars today.
- Synthetic media filter - Made from high quality synthetic fibers, also catch and remove the smallest particulates and withstand complex chemical reactions better.
- Micro glass media filters - High-end oil filters that include an extremely fine metal media or micro glass material.